- The School Self Audit and Assurance Statement (SSAaAS) is a reformatting of the Board Assurance Statement (the BAS).
- Our intention is to set up the six sections of the self audit for schools to use as working documents.
- In time these will become accessible as online documents, shared between a school and your ERO Evaluation Partner.
- Schools can take time to complete the document. Please discuss how you would like to approach this with your ERO Evaluation Partner.
- Some elements are labelled “early review”, to be completed in the first six months.
- Most can be completed at any stage of the review, for example as part of school cycles of self review.
- Each section has a Contents page listing clusters of related items to help navigate your way around the document.
- Space for schools to note “further thoughts” are included to encourage its use as a working document. These are accompanied by prompts and general questions.
- In time we will develop a cross reference index to allow themes to be tracked within the document, such as all the references to inclusion, or child safety.
What’s the same?
- All the questions are referenced to the most recent Board Assurance Statement. That is the source document.
- Schools are asked to answer each question with a Yes/No/Unsure.
- Your Evaluation Partner will follow up key entries that relate to student safety and any questions you have or areas where you have entered “unsure”
- The Board Chair and Principal will be asked to sign the attestation (the Assurance Statement) at the end of the review process.
Download the School Self Audit and Assurance Statement
The School Self Audit and Assurance Statement consists of 7 MS Word files. Here are the links to download each of the files.
- Introduction to the School Self Audit and Assurance Statement [DOCX, 29 KB]
- Board administration checklist [DOCX, 88 KB]
- Curriculum checklist [DOCX, 101 KB]
- Health, safety and welfare checklist [DOCX, 118 KB]
- Personnel checklist [DOCX, 100 KB]
- Finance checklist [DOCX, 89 KB]
- Asset management checklist [DOCX, 81 KB]
Request for feedback
We are keen to receive feedback on the new format. Please share this directly with your Evaluation Partner or email comments to ERO Information@ero.govt.nz.