We support the implementation of He Taura Here Tangata - ERO's Māori Strategy
We are a specialised area focused to support ERO’s overall ambition for equity and excellence.
We work between English-Medium and Māori-Medium and across all business units in ERO. This pou as the gateway, was created to support the implementation of He Taura Here Tangata – the Braided Threads that Bind Us, ERO’s Māori Strategy.
He Taura Here Tangata focuses on 3 key areas - reo, tikanga and iwi.
Within these key areas there is a deliberate plan to:
- build capability to enhance evaluation practice, and to
- build our partnerships with whānau, hapū, iwi and the sector.
It is ERO’s intention to influence outcomes to have Māori enjoying education success as Māori.
We ensure the implementation of He Taura Here Tangata across all ERO so that our work:
- aligns to the goals and principles set out in the Government’s strategies Maihi Karauna, Ka Hikitia and Tau Mai Te Reo.
- focuses internal capability building, so that we know why, what and how our work contributes to improving outcomes for Māori learners and their whānau.
- enacts the Public Service Act and the Education and Training Act in relation to our responsibilities as public servants.
We ensure that He Taura Here Tangata influences the work of ERO internally and externally
Our role is to ensure He Taura Here Tangata influences the work of ERO internally, and externally when working with kōhanga reo, kura, early learning services and schools, the education sector, and across government.
He Taura Here Tangata contributes to the government’s direction for education, supports ERO’s endeavours of becoming a bicultural and bilingual organisation, and aims to influence through its evaluation and research activities.
We support ERO to be guided by Te Tiriti o Waitangi/The Treaty of Waitangi. ERO will honour our obligations of the articles acknowledging Kawanatanga, Tino Rangatiratanga and Ōritetanga and the principles of partnership, participation and protection under Te Tiriti & The Treaty.