Māori medium kura are reviewed by Te Uepū ā-Motu, our Māori Review Services team. We publish our reports on these kura in te reo Māori and in English.
We developed a review process with Te Rūnanga Nui o Ngā Kura Kaupapa Māori for Te Aho Matua kura, and special review material is available (see below under Frameworks and evaluation indicators). For other kura, including kura ā-iwi, kura Māori, and kura motuhake, the review coordinator will discuss the scope of the review at the beginning of the process.
Review material for Kura kaupapa Māori that operate in accordance with Te Aho Matua
- Framework for Kura Kaupapa Māori Reviews (English version)
- He Anga mō Te Arotake me Te Aro Mātai i roto i Ngā Kura Kaupapa Māori Te Aho Matua
- Evaluation Indicators for Kura Kaupapa Māori reviews
- Whanau Self-Audit Checklists - January 2022 [PDF 694.52 KB]
- Guidelines for Board Assurance Statement [PDF 1.01 MB]
Review material for Kura kaupapa Māori (except those that operate in accordance with the principles of Te Aho Matua)
Te Poumarumaru Self-Audit Checklists - January 2022 [PDF 558.2 KB]
Ngā Kura a Iwi
We worked with Te Maru o Ngā Kura a Iwi to develop and complete a trial of methodology and indicators for use in Ngā Kura a Iwi. This information is in draft can be accessed by contacting Te Uepū ā-Motu.