We work with Māori-Medium education providers to evaluate and review
We are the evaluation and review group responsible for working with education providers across the Māori-medium paradigm.
Our focus is to add value in Māori-medium settings through our evaluations, partnerships and innovation.
Our work alongside Māori fulfils our joint aspiration to support the education and wellbeing of mokopuna, tamariki, uri, whānau, hapū and iwi.
We use kaupapa Māori evaluation approaches, to provide high quality evaluation insights that are a catalyst for change and improvement, and promote positive outcomes for Māori learners.
We work collaboratively with peak bodies to share insights that contribute to ongoing improvement.
We gather evidence and research information to provide insights about education for Māori learners
This includes Māori-Medium education, some aspects of Māori learners in English-Medium settings, and te reo Māori.
This work supports an education wide response to Māori learners and their communities.
We also provide a Māori-Medium workforce to research the provision of education, programmes and activity that promote outcomes for Māori learners, whānau, hapū and iwi.
We support Māori succeeding as Māori
We work with Māori, whānau, hapū and iwi so that together we can have confidence that the education system and each provider focuses on and supports Māori success as Māori.
We work to ensure that:
- every kōhanga reo, puna reo, kura, wharekura, kōhanga reo, focuses on positive outcomes for their learners, and has established an improvement culture.
- every mokopuna, tamariki, uri and manu pirere are supported, so that they enjoy and achieve their educational success as Māori.
- we continue to implement bespoke Māori methodologies where whānau, hapū and iwi influence is at the forefront of the work we do.
- we support improvement in Māori-Medium settings through effective partnerships and innovation with peak bodies, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
- we continue valuable and valued insight into the provision of education through the medium of te reo Māori.