That our evaluation insights are a catalyst for change so that every child achieves.
- to understand the performance of the education system in New Zealand for al learners
- to develop the evidence base about what works, to improve learning outcomes for all students
- to support evidence based decision-making and improvement in practice
- to reflect and integrate a te ao Māori world view in the creation, implementation and dissemination of knowledge.
- Kotahitanga: Children are at the centre of what we do
- Tika and Pono: We are professional
- Mahi Tahi: We work together to get the job done
- Manaakitanga: We are respectful and caring
- Whanaungatanga: We draw strength from the collective
- Akoranga: We learn and improve
How we work
- We reflect the educational priorities of the Government.
- We deliver high quality, robust research and evaluation.
- We partner with others to build our shared understanding.
- We hear student perspectives and whānau voices.
- We use a wide range of tools, methodologies and approaches.
- We actively include a te ao Māori and kaupapa Māori view in our work.
- We tailor and disseminate our findings for different audiences.
- We invest in our people and our team.
What we do
We undertake 3 types of work:
We focus on 9 areas:
Priorities for 2023
- Building our understanding of education system performance
- Shining a light on provision for vulnerable groups
- Strengthening the evidence base for all learners
- Increasing our understanding of effective interventions
- Continuing to build Te Ihuwaka's culture, capability and reputation