Student Learning Leaders learn how to undertake structured classroom observations focused on teaching and learning. The students and staff discuss the process and its impact.
This video illustrates
Domain 2: Leadership for equity and excellence
- Leadership builds relational trust and effective collaboration at every level of the school community
- Leadership ensures effective planning, coordination and evaluation of the school’s curriculum and teaching
- Students receive training in carrying out a structured observation
- They elicit responses to classroom practices from other students
- ‘Findings’ are shared with the teacher
- Students appreciate that their teachers are open to learning and improving their practice and develop their own understanding of learning processes
Things to think about
- Do your students have a real influence on the quality of education provision in your school?
- How might you better support them to do that?