Leadership engages in collaborative consideration of the evidence to inform a considered response to issues identified. Solutions are sought only after a thorough analysis of the problem and consideration of the evidence about what is likely to make the most difference. The implementation of new initiatives is closely evaluated.
This video illustrates
Domain 2: Leadership for equity and excellence
- Leadership collaboratively develops and pursues the school’s vision, goals and targets for equity and excellence
- Leadership ensures effective planning, coordination and evaluation of the school’s curriculum and teaching
- Leadership builds collective capacity to do evaluation and inquiry for sustained improvement
- Distributing leadership is sharing the power not just the work to be done.
- Data drives decision making
- The consideration of evidence ensures that the best solution is selected
- Respectful relationships and the opportunity to have a voice leads to shared ownership of outcomes
Things to think about
- How well does your school use a wide range of evidence to inform decision making?