Evaluation and review are the engine room that drives the improvement agenda forward, involving all within the learning community in an ongoing cycle.
This video illustrates
Domain 6: Evaluation Inquiry and knowledge building for improvement and innovation
- Coherent organisational conditions promote evaluation, inquiry and knowledge building
- Collective capacity to do and use evaluation, inquiry and knowledge building sustains improvement and innovation
- Evaluation, inquiry and knowledge building capability facilitates engagement with external evaluation and the wider education community
This video also illustrates
Domain 1: Stewardship
- The board scrutinises the effectiveness of the school in achieving valued student outcomes
- The strategic vision for the school provides the basis for ongoing evaluation
- Strategic, regular and emergent evaluations are underpinned by an ongoing process of gathering, interrogating and making sense of the data
- A range evidence is used, including the voices of children, teachers, parents and community, depending on the context for the evaluation
- The approach to professional learning involves teachers in an ongoing inquiry process
- The implementation of action plans is accompanied by ongoing inquiry and evaluation
Things to think about
- Who do you involve, and what is the range of evidence that you draw on to drive your school evaluation processes and improve outcomes?